Monday, March 10, 2008

Your Links Help Educate

From now until June 1st I will donate one dollar for every person who links to my site to Unicef's Education initiative. I don't care if you want to link to me because you like the content I provide or you just want to help raise money for one of the most important humanitarian issues. As I grow and learn about the world I see more and more that people like us who have the opportunities to learn and speak out and advance ourselves in society also have a responsibility to help others do the same.

By linking to www.grantdeken.com (or any article on grantdeken.blogspot.com) you help me to grow my web exposure, but also allow me to reach more people and raise awareness about poverty, education issues (both domestically and internationally) and other important social and economic issues.

What your Links can buy:

$3 can provide a child with a pencil, paper pad and a pen to use in the classroom.

$16 can buy a double-sided chalkboard for classroom or outdoor use.

$176 can buy one school-in-a-box kit—a ready-made educational solution packed in a lockable metal box, containing equipment for 80 students such as pencils, erasers, exercise books, writing slates, scissors and carrier bags.

Support UNICEF's education programs.



If you want to join in on the initiative I encourage you. Contact me at Grdeken@gmail.com with link information so I can keep record. Also contact me with any ideas and perhaps we can create a network.

No comments: